A siding replacement can not only improve the appearance and look of your home, but it can also increase its energy efficiency, insulation value, and value of your home as well, However, the extent of these improvements largely depends on the type of siding you choose. There are many siding brands, materials, and styles, so it can be difficult to select the right one. Consulting with your trusted siding company, siding contractor, or siding installer will help guide you in the right direction.
If you are trying to choose the material, you’ll find that fiber cement siding and vinyl are two popular options among homeowners in NJ. Garden State Garage and Siding focuses mostly on Bergen County. Each has its benefits and cases where it might be the better choice. In this article, we’ll help you compare the two types of siding by focusing on James Hardie fiber cement siding vs. vinyl siding.
Benefits of James Hardie
James Hardie is one of the leading manufacturers of fiber cement siding material. You should consult with an experienced siding company, siding contractor, or siding installer. It makes its siding out of cement, sand, and cellulose fibers. This unique composition creates an outstanding product that is protective and beautiful. The following are just a few of the advantages you can expect from James Hardie fiber cement siding:
- Impressive Durability: James Hardie has carefully designed its fiber cement siding to withstand harsh elements and weather. You don’t have to worry about wind, humidity, or extreme temperature changes and it requires minimal maintenance. Best of all, they stand up to impact, so hail is no match for these products either
- Realistic Wood Details: Wood makes a stunning siding material, but it requires difficult upkeep. Fortunately, you can enjoy the beautiful details of wood grain without all the hassle because Hardie siding is designed to mimic the appearance of wood planks.
- Fire & Pest Resistance: Fiber cement siding is also superior to wood siding because it can resist damage from destructive pests, such as termites, carpenter ants, and woodpeckers. Best of all, the siding isn’t combustible, so it provides additional fire safety that wood cannot.
- Low Maintenance: You never have to worry about sanding, repainting, or staining your James Hardie siding. Maintenance is simple. You can easily clean it with a garden hose and brush twice a year for it to look brand new again.
Benefits of Vinyl Siding
Vinyl Siding has been around for about 60 years. It was originally created as an alternative to aluminum siding. Since its invention, it has seen many developments and improvements. Therefore, it offers homeowners many benefits that other materials can’t. When you choose vinyl siding, you can enjoy:
- Cost-Effective Solutions: While there are different grades of vinyl siding, they tend to be more affordable than other materials, especially wood and brick. That’s not all. It can also last for several years with minimal maintenance, providing a great return on your investment.
- Easy Installations: Vinyl siding is lightweight and comes with pre-drilled holes, which speed up the installation process. With the help of a professionally trained installer, you can get the job done quickly without compromising the quality of the vinyl.
- Versatile Products: One of the most significant benefits of vinyl siding is its ability to look like other types of siding. Whether you prefer wood shake, stone, or the look of any other material, you can find a vinyl product that mimics it. You can also choose from several stunning colors, profiles, and textures.
- Mold and Mildew Resistance: Unlike wood, vinyl siding can withstand the effects of moisture. You never have to worry about mold or mildew destroying it. Instead, you can simply clean it if it becomes dirty.
Which Choice is Best for Your Home?
Now that you know more about the benefits of James Hardie siding vs. vinyl siding, you should be able to choose the right option for your home. You can start by considering which factors are most important to you. Consult with your trusted siding company, siding installer or siding contractor on which product better fits your budget.
For some homeowners, price and installation time might be higher on their list of priorities. Others might prefer to spend more money on a beautiful, long-lasting product. In order to choose between fiber cement and vinyl, you should consider your:
- Home Design Style
- The Siding of Other Structures on the Property
- Energy Efficiency Goals
- Maintenance Expectations
Cases for James Hardie
If you still aren’t sure, consider these cases for James Hardie fiber cement siding.
Homeowners who love the look of wood but fear its combustibility and high-maintenance upkeep might prefer James Hardie. It allows them to enjoy the curb appeal of wood siding, but it provides them with peace of mind and low-maintenance care.
You might also prefer James Hardie siding if you are concerned about durability. While vinyl products have come a long way, they are still no match for the resistance of fiber cement. Areas with a lot of inclement weather might benefit more from the strength of this product.
Cases for Vinyl Siding
When does vinyl siding make the better choice? We recommend it for homeowners who are looking to increase their curb appeal on a budget. There are so many different choices for vinyl siding, so it is easy for anyone to find something they love—no matter their price range!
Vinyl also becomes a clear winner when you look at the installation process. If you are looking for something that can be installed quickly, then you can’t go wrong with vinyl products. Professional siding installers, siding contractors or a siding company can have the job done far faster than they could with other materials.
Discover More About James Hardie and Vinyl Siding Products
At Garden State Garage and Siding we understand how difficult the design phase of your siding installation can be. For that reason, we work with all of our customers to help them choose between the different types of products we offer. In fact, we have more than 30 years of remodeling experience, so we can answer all of your questions about James Hardie siding vs. vinyl siding. You should always consult with your siding company, siding contractor or siding installer on which look and design better fits your home style.
If you would like to schedule a design consultation for your siding installation, we encourage you to contact us right away. We are your trusted siding company, siding installer and siding contractors. You can call one of our helpful service representatives to set up a convenient appointment in your home. We also have a simple online form that you can submit to request a free, no-obligation quote.
From roofs to siding problems, Garden State Garage and Siding is the siding company and siding contractor that is ready to help you. In this upcoming season, bring your home improvement projects to us. You may call us at (201) 895-7821 or contact us to schedule your appointment. We offer our services to the residents of Bergen County, NJ.